Willamette Quarterly Meeting 2022
Willamette Quarterly Meeting will be held in person at Multnomah Monthly Meeting in Portland Oregon and on-line on Zoom. For in person attendance see the Multnomah Friends Meeting website for current Covid protocols (including proof of vaccination and masking). In person attendance is limited to 50 people, first come, first served.
Theme: Right Relationship with Native Peoples
Cost: Free. Help with transportation expense is available.
Lunch: Bring your own sack lunch. Coffee, tea and water are provided.
Children's Program (pre-K through 5th grade) will be in person and will only be provided if enough children are registered by the deadline.
Community Afternoon: Bring a joke, a song, a poem or other entertainment to share. Please pre-record any music that will be offered on-line to make the process go more smoothly.
Willamette Quarterly Meeting (WQM), established in 1958 as Oregon Quarterly Meeting, has as its constituent groups the Monthly Meetings, Preparative Meetings and Worship Groups in Oregon and SW Washington, as well as Boise Valley Monthly Meeting (Idaho) and interested persons in the region isolated from any established Friends group. WQM is one of three Quarterly Meetings within North Pacific Yearly Meeting (NPYM). A history of WQM is available from the WQM Clerk.
Purposes of Quarterly Meeting
The purposes of WQM are:
- to nurture the spiritual life of Friends of all ages and to provide fellowship within the Quarter;
- to encourage inter-visitation among the Monthly Meetings, Worship Groups, Preparatory Meetings and Isolated Friends;
- to share State of Society Reports from the constituent groups at the Spring meeting;
- to provide an ex-officio member to NPYM Outreach and Visitation Committee; and an ex-officio member to NPYM Friend-in-Residence Committee;
- to hear concerns from Meetings or individuals, forwarding those approved to the Clerk of the Annual Session and/or the appropriate NPYM standing committee Clerk;
- to nurture new gatherings of Friends; to consider requests for Monthly Meeting status from Preparative Meetings and Worship Groups; to consider requests from Monthly Meetings to be laid down or united with another Meeting; and
- to provide a forum for committees to meet as needed during Quarterly Meetings.