Willamette Quarterly Meeting 2023
Registration is now closed.
Willamette Quarterly Meeting will be held in person at Camp Arrah Wanna near Welches Oregon on May 19 to May 21, 2023. It's a beautiful forested site along the Salmon River only an hour east of Portland Oregon. Come to see old friends, worship together and enjoy the outdoors!
- Attendance is by reservation only.
- Cost: is "Pay as Led" and is paid when you get to the Camp. This means you pay the amount you feel able to pay. Please don't let the cost of attendance prevent you from joining us. In order for this model to work, WQM needs individuals and meetings to give generously to WQM.
- Meals: All meals are provided. See this Dietary Needs Policy if you have food restrictions.
- Lodging: Options include Motel-like rooms, rooms in the lodge, shared cabins and bringing your own tent.
- Covid policy: At Quarterly Meeting, masks are encouraged when indoors, but not required. Tables for eating are available outdoors on the porch. Please respect one another's personal choices regarding masking and distancing. Consent is good - if in doubt, ask! For example: May I sit next to you? May I shake hands with you? May I give you a hug? If someone in your family is immuno-compromised and needs to sleep separately, please indicate this on your registration.
- The Camp requires a Liability Waiver for each guest. Please print and bring with you.
- See this sheet for costs, what to bring and camp rules.
- See this flyer for more information and to share with your meeting.
Registration is now closed.
Questions? Contact the Registrar, Laura Arcidiacono:
Willamette Quarterly Meeting (WQM), established in 1958 as Oregon Quarterly Meeting, has as its constituent groups the Monthly Meetings, Preparative Meetings and Worship Groups in Oregon and SW Washington, as well as Boise Valley Monthly Meeting (Idaho) and interested persons in the region isolated from any established Friends group. WQM is one of three Quarterly Meetings within North Pacific Yearly Meeting (NPYM). A history of WQM is available from the WQM Clerk.
Purposes of Quarterly Meeting
The purposes of WQM are:
- to nurture the spiritual life of Friends of all ages and to provide fellowship within the Quarter;
- to encourage inter-visitation among the Monthly Meetings, Worship Groups, Preparatory Meetings and Isolated Friends;
- to share State of Society Reports from the constituent groups at the Spring meeting;
- to provide an ex-officio member to NPYM Outreach and Visitation Committee; and an ex-officio member to NPYM Friend-in-Residence Committee;
- to hear concerns from Meetings or individuals, forwarding those approved to the Clerk of the Annual Session and/or the appropriate NPYM standing committee Clerk;
- to nurture new gatherings of Friends; to consider requests for Monthly Meeting status from Preparative Meetings and Worship Groups; to consider requests from Monthly Meetings to be laid down or united with another Meeting; and
- to provide a forum for committees to meet as needed during Quarterly Meetings.